Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oh Lord, please teach me to depend on You as completely in plenty as I do in want. I cannot live apart from You; when I foolishly turn away from You, and follow after some idolatrous fancy, the sun is gone from my life. All is darkness and cold. These idols may be worthy endeavors, but if I pursue them on my own, for my own glory or benefit, they become idols. If I wait for You, and make it my goal to know You and obey You, all of these things (if they are indeed worthy endeavors) will be added to me. I know You have instructed me to cast my burdens on my Saviour - He is able; I am not. My Father, I thank You and praise You that You are faithful and full of mercy. Please forgive my unfaithfulness, my idolatry, and strengthen my feeble faith. You have showered me with rich blessings, the greatest of which is Your love. My lips should never cease to sing Thy praises!

No comments:

Post a Comment