Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday, December 28, 2009

It is almost the end of the year, and as the new year approaches, I am resolved to begin in earnest to LIVE - not just exist day to day for the sake of my children and grandchildren; not simply mark days off my calendar as I get through them; not try to make it from one emotional high to the next without dying in between - but LIVE, doing what God created me to do. In an effort to determine what it is that He created me to do, and to encourage my efforts in that direction, I am going to begin journaling my daily thoughts, prayers, challenges, successes, and failures. I know from personal experience that I will need frequent and poignant reminders to keep me on track. In the Old Testament, God instructs His people to recall the mighty things He has done for them, in order to encourage them to persevere in the faith. "Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons." Deuteronomy 4:9. We need to remember - remember the great things God has done for His people down through the ages, and recount the ways He has faithfully provided for us in our own lives. I will therefore spend the last few days of this old year recalling His mercies toward me throughout my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment